The key to eating clean is planning & prepping. Last week, we missed some snacks because we were busy and rushing out the door. We’ve prepped some grab and go snacks for the week and the good news is that everyone in our family will love these snacks including our 5 yearo old son. Shopping, washing, cooking and prepping took about 2 hours and was well worth it. Have a great clean eating week! Be sure to comment below with what you are planning for your snacks this week.
Click to Tweet: The key to eating clean is planning & prepping!
5 Tips for easy planning and prep:
- Creat a weekly menu: tear out recpies from magazines or print off from the web that you want to add to your weekly menu. Make a weekly menu including snacks so you can easily make a grocery list and prep for the week. Life happens so leave one day open for leftovers or to move a meal around.
- Make a list and check it twice: Make your grocery list ahead of time so you can zip and out of the market. It’s always good to leave room in the budget for produce items on sale or seasonal items that you can incorporate or freeze for later.
- Grill your lean meats: cook your lean meats like chicken breast, chicken thighs, home-made turkey and chicken burgers, pulled pork, and meatballs are great choices. Pack away in a BPA free container for easy meal prep later in the week.
- Clean and cut up your veggies: While I am cooking the meat, I am also peeling cucumbers and carrots, cutting up bell peppers, washing cherry tomatoes, and prepping various greens. Store in ziplok baggies or BPA free contain fresh veggies all cut up and ready for snacking through out the day will definitely help you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
- Prep your grab & go snacks: keeping healthy snacks prepped and ready will definitely help with the afternoon snack attacks. Cook and peel your hard boiled eggs, measure out your yogurt, nut butter, veggies, hummus, nuts and/or oats for easy access. Here is a huge list of snack ideas.