L.E.A.N. Expectations is a series of educational workshops designed to teach those preparing for pregnancy, expecting, and nursing mothers how to care for themselves and their babies. The program is made up of three separate workshops, each two hours long, that can be taken in sequence or individually. Dr. Sears’ years of pediatric experience make each class relevant to moms in all stages of pregnancy, whether they are carrying their first baby or their fifth.
Prepare RIGHT Now
Turn your pregnancy into a healthy new beginning
This class focuses on the lifestyle, exercise and attitude choices vital for a healthy pregnancy and covers what to avoid during pregnancy and what expectant mothers should start doing to prepare their body for a healthy birth. In addition, expectant mothers will learn about the importance of attitude (good mental health) throughout the pregnancy and strategies for coping with stress. The practical strategies taught during this class will assist expectant mothers throughout their pregnancy, and even beyond, as they create and maintain a healthy, satisfying lifestyle.
Eat RIGHT Now
Experience Optimal Nutrition During Pregnancy and Beyond
This class teaches how to incorporate healthy eating into everyday life, not only while pregnant, but also throughout the years ahead. Expectant mothers will learn what foods and nutrients they need to eat more of during pregnancy and while nursing. They will also learn what foods to avoid to feel better physically and provide their baby with all the nutrients needed for safe, complete development. The class also discusses how to shape your baby’s tastes to crave healthy food throughout their life.
Live RIGHT Now
Make a Smooth Transition from Pregnancy to Motherhood
This class focuses on how to live a L.E.A.N. Lifestyle after the baby is born. Mothers will learn how to bond with their baby and how to parent with less tension and more ease. They will also learn about the importance of good nutrition and exercise in the months after giving birth, and about the need for intentional self-care as they grow into motherhood.
Dr. Sears’ L.E.A.N. Essentials Workshops are fun, interactive and educational classes designed for the busy family or individual who has limited time or are looking for a brief introduction to health and wellness. The workshop is designed to be a fast paced introduction to wellness and covers eight key nutrition and exercise topics including:
- How to choose quality, affordable foods
- Benefits of a brainy breakfast
- Identifying good vs bad fats
- How much protein children and adults need
- Creative activities to get the whole family moving
- The best beverages to drink
- Which ingredients to avoid
- Labeling loopholes, myth busters, and more!
L.E.A.N. Essentials workshops are two hours long and include direct instruction, group participation, hands-on activities, short video segments, workbooks, and Q&A sessions. Each participant will receive a L.E.A.N. Essentials Workbook that contains nutrition information, fill in the blank areas, and delicious simple recipes like:
- E.A.H. Crepes!! (Yummy, Easy and Healthy)
- Jam Dots
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Fun Fruit Dip
This short, entertaining workshop is appropriate for many audiences and situations including:
- Monthly Organization Meetings (ie. girl scouts or community clubs)
- Lunch and Learns at companies
- Teacher in service workshops
- School fundraisers
- Religious camps and retreats
- and more!
L.E.A.N. Start workshops are a series of fun and interactive educational classes that give families with school-aged children the tools and information to:
- Develop a lifetime of achievable healthy habits for the entire family
- Improve the mood, learning and behavior of children through proper nutrition
- Learn how to shop for quality, affordable foods
- Avoid nutrition related diseases such as type II diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, respiratory problems, & cancer
- Make nutrition at home easy and fun, while preparing healthy food that tastes great
- Keep children and family members physically active
Dr. Bill Sears recognized the need for families to receive accurate, trustworthy, uncomplicated information to maximize their family’s health. Which is why he created the L.E.A.N. Start program where families benefit from:
- Improvements in their overall health
- Fewer sick days and less time away from school or work
- Reduced medical expenses
- Children who behave, sleep, and learn better
- More energy and better weight control
- More active and energetic lives
L.E.A.N. Start Workshops include instruction and materials such as:
- L.E.A.N. Start Guide: an 80 page colorful resource book that corresponds to each of the six workshops sessions. The books is a designed to provide additional information and be a lifelong resource tool.
- L.E.A.N. Start Activity Books: a 22-page activity book is designed for Parents to use with their children at home. The activity book is filled with fun and interactive activities for young children. It includes coloring pages, games and activities to help you teach your child about good nutrition and important lifestyle choice.
All Dr. Sears’ L.E.A.N. Programs include instruction in the four pillars of health:
- Lifestyle: How we live
- Exercise: How we move
- Attitude: How we think
- Nutrition: How we eat