Oh what to do with left over pork tenderloin….how about Pork Pineapple Sushi Rolls?
Pork Pineapple Sushi Rolls
2 (6 g) Sushi Nori sheets
5 oz pork tenderloin leftovers
8 tbsp brown rice
1 1/2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
1 1/2 tsp ginger (fresh grated)
1 1/2 tbs honey
1/2 cup pineapple (fresh)
cilantro to taste
- Make 1/2 cup of brown rice as directed on package. Set aside and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger.
- Cut left over tenderloin in min small strips. Reheat in frying pan with sauce above.
- Cut Nori in half so you have 4 rectangles.
- Take one Nori and place shiny side down. Add 2 tbsp rice, slice of pineapple, and about 1.25 oz pork, roll into a cone then add cilantro to the top. Repeat 3 more times.
This recipe makes 2 servings and was adapted from Clean Eating Magazine’s June 2011 Fusion Mango Sushi Hand Roll Recipe.